Thursday 19 November 2009

The National Networker (TNNW) Blog: BECAUSE I CAN: A World Without Money, Part II

The National Networker (TNNW) Blog: BECAUSE I CAN: A World Without Money, Part II

Michael Moore, in anticipation of his latest documentary Capitalism: A Love Story, was on Larry King recently and stated that capitalism has failed. This got me thinking back to some of my earlier writing this year, in particular A World Without Money back in March. It was a hypothetical thought experiment, looking at what one might would do if they didn’t have Financial Capital. Bottom line of the article…we would leverage what we know (Intellectual Capital) and who we know (Relationship Capital) to provide for our needs.

So this month I return to asking a similar (yet different) hypothetical question…why?

Because I can…the question: What would the world look like if business enterprises stopped accepting money (or anything else) as payment but gave products and services away for free?

No comments: